Vision / Mission / President's Welcome
Vision Statement: It is the vision of Covington Theological Seminary to impact eternity and the church presently by training biblically equipped leaders in both national and international settings for the glory of God.
Mission Statement: It is the mission of Covington Theological Seminary to meet potential students where they are in their calling and ministry motivations and to design a quality and affordable program of study that addresses their individual goals and needs.
- We are committed to the local church and its ministry settings as the prime training venue for developing church leaders.
- We are not called to build great edifices to evidence our effectiveness, but to build great lives that impact others by the Living Christ.
- We do not call our students to come away to be trained, but to remain faithful in their present assignment.
- We commit ourselves to design innovative and personalized development plans that equip leaders to be dynamic and effective servants of God.
- Our extensions, whether in the U.S. or internationally, will be founded upon a partnership with a local church or group of churches and led by those currently involved in ministry and equipping the saints.
- The ultimate call of any leader is to equip the saints for the work of the ministry for the building up of the body of Christ. Only those proven committed and effective in this assignment shall be Covington professors or leaders.
Training and equipping is not optional for any spiritual leader, therefore we must do all within our ability to make training both accessible and affordable to any servant of God that is willing to make the commitment.
- Partnership, interdependence and networking are kingdom principles upon which we can see our Lord do His mighty work.
The work of the Seminary and Institute is designed to offer professional training for Pastors, Evangelists, Full-time, Part-time or Volunteer Church Staff Members, and those engaged in the work of Christian Ministry on any level at any place.
Covington seeks to equip leaders with skills which will make them effective in their service or ministries of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through their churches, communities and denominations.
Covington serves all educational levels. The desire and ability to study and learn deserve degree recognition.
The Seminary and Institute recognizes other agencies. However, credit recognition is determined by the school alone.
The student body of Covington is open to all denominations. We are not in competition with any other channel or institution of education. We offer our programs to all who desire and feel the need to further their education.
Greetings from Dr. Bret M. Sullivan, President
Welcome to the website of Covington Theological Seminary. I'm delighted that you are considering Covington to further your theological education. For forty years now, Covington has provided solid Bible training for thousands of students across the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to meet you where you are in your calling and ministry motivations and to design a quality program of study to address your individual and specific needs. It will be our delight to help you realize your dream in education and ministry needs.
We offer on-site classroom settings, in Ft. Oglethorpe, Georgia and nearby Chattanooga and Knoxville, Tennessee. In cooperation with partner churches in Savannah, Georgia, Aiken, Anderson, Easley and Turbeville, South Carolina, and Anniston, Albertville, and Mobile, Alabama, we offer extension classes for those living in these areas. We also offer studies in international settings with international extensions in Honduras, Romania, Indonesia, Ghana, Chili, Nigeria and three extensions in Zimbabwe, Africa.
To get you started, we will assess your ministry goals and educational status and work with you to design a course of study to which you can be committed. Our innovative and personalized study plans are also designed for distance-learning programs. You may complete your studies in your current ministry setting or in the privacy of your home.
Please explore our updated website for information concerning our programs of study. We will continue to seek ways to move toward more advanced provision for on-line information and enrollment; please help us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to assist you with questions or any needed information involving your educational decision or to join you immediately in a partnership for your development. May our Lord bless you in your current ministry and in your plans for enrollment in a seminary.
Made worthy by His blood,
Dr. Bret Sullivan